the "no good Perl jobs"/"no good Perl programmers" myth

Chris Benson chrisb at jesmond.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 18:35:23 BST 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 03:49:12PM +0100, Adrian Howard wrote:

> The number of fresh graduates that have never used a revision control
> system in their life shocks me. Ditto for the number of places I've
> contracted for that are still at the cp -R stage...

A long time (perhaps 15 years) ago in the UK C User Group (I think before
the days of ACCU) I caused a bit of fuss by writing something along the
lines of:
	"Anyone programming without a revision control system is an
	incompetent amateur."

Ah, the days of flame-wars in Letters-to-the-Editor of CVu :-)

It does seem to be another of those things that never changes :-(
--
Chris Benson