Any faster way than a db file to store and retrieve hashes ?

Thomas Busch tbusch at cpan.org
Mon Aug 7 19:12:22 BST 2006

Hi Matt,

> > does anyone know of a faster way than the BerkeleyDB/DB_File TIE
> > interface to store and retrieve regular perl hashes ?
>
> Yes.
>
> (you give us a more detailed question, we'll give you a more detailed answer
> :)

sorry about that. So here a more detailed question.

I have a hash table with roughly 1 millions keys. I am looking for
the fastest way to store and retrieve this hash. After retrieval
the hash should remain a normal perl hash and not be tied to anything.

What's the best way to do this ? Is it Storable ?

Thomas.