The Newly Inaugurated "Most In Need of Positivity" Award

danny staple danny at
Tue Aug 8 22:31:55 BST 2006

On 08/08/06, David Dorward <david at> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 09:54:39PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> > And a radio-seeking missile. Surely playing Radio 1 in the office all
> > day counts as a war crime?
> No, just terrorist action and a human rights violation. Demand
> justice, jam the radio on Radio 2 or Radio 4.

Simple solution, buy some really decent noise cancelling headphones,
and listen to whatever you like on a computer or music player device,
turned up so you cant hear the radio.

Tell people that if they wish to talk with you, they must arrange it
via electronic means. That way, not only do you get out of listening
to radio1, but you can avoid getting some of utterley pointless and
often annoying distractions (although I am prepared to concede that a
significant number of said things may come via email anyway).

Danny Staple MBCS
(Full contact details available through website)