Inverse Binary Rock-Suck Entanglement (the "no good Perl jobs"/"text editors" myth)

Billy Abbott billy at cowfish.org.uk
Wed Aug 9 08:19:09 BST 2006

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Daniel Barlow wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 12:33:10PM +0100, Andy Wardley wrote:
>> On a similar note, one of the best questions I was asked in an interview
>> was "What do you think of Microsoft?"
>
> "They make nice keyboards"

Their new "nice" multimedia keyboards have the nasty "feature" of grouping
the F keys in groups of 3, leading to my F4 seeking finger hitting a gap.
The fact that there is also an "F-lock" button that you have to press to
enable the F keys rather than have them do their default "print", "save"
etc for office was the final straw that led to it being returned to the IT
department.

Other than that they are quite nice.

And yes, I know that F-keys up the side of the keyboard is a surefire way
to growing a luxuriant beard, but I'm happy with mine as it is.

--billy

--
"I'm warning you - it had better include hillbillies being shot
with tasers"