the "no good Perl jobs"/"no good Perl programmers" myth

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Thu Aug 10 01:37:50 BST 2006

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> We do
> require a degree though, even our admins. Java, python, C++, perl,
> haskell, R, C, Lisp...; it's all good.

Any degree, or specific degrees? (No, not looking myself, just curious.)
For example, I know a Ph.C. in Linguistics who knows R.  Would the lack of
a more technical degree disqualify her?

> Paul

John

----
Tech support gone wrong: "User reports Outlook cannot access
Exchange.  Shot user. Burned computer. Closing case."