=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fwd:_Perl_Developer, _Birmingham_up_to_=A335k-_PERMANENT?=

alex@owal.co.uk alex at owal.co.uk
Thu Aug 10 15:12:52 BST 2006

> The way to determine how organised an employer is is whether they've
> at least managed to find you a desk, computer and phone, and perhaps
> manage to point you at the intranet to get a feel for the culture, or
> whether your arrival on the first day is a complete surprise to them
> and they're having to leg it over to IKEA.

You get all sorts of companies with all sorts of abilities to cope with
new starters. I haven't found any correlation with it to how good the
company is to work for in the long term.

I do however remember with fondness the time I turned up as a perl
contractor and had to build my own desk from flat pack. :-)

Alex