Music To Code To (was "Most In Need of Positivity" Award)

Chris Benson chrisb at
Sat Aug 12 12:43:35 BST 2006

On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 10:40:29AM +0100, Andy Wardley wrote:
> Chris Benson wrote:
> > with our SlimServer from
> Oooh!  Shiny!
> SlimServer++ for being Open Source
> SlimServer++ for being written in Perl
> SlimServer++ for using CPAN Perl modules
> SlimServer++ for using TT generated web interface

> SlimServer-- for including *all* 19MB of the CPAN modules it uses

> Anyway, that's small cheese.  It looks like it does the job, it's well
> written and it's free in both senses!

And if you need a non-computer, wired/wireless media player SqueezeBoxen
are *very* cool :-)  I've got one running over WiFi another using
Ethernet-over-mains.  The downside is that unless you can listen on
headphones, you still need an amp and speakers.
Chris Benson