Music To Code To (was "Most In Need of Positivity" Award)

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Aug 12 15:03:18 BST 2006

Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 02:11:24PM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
>
>> One of the reasons for this was that slimserver ships significantly patched
>> versions of a number of modules, notably Class::DBI in order to change a
>> couple of misbehaviours and rip out some of the worst inefficiencies. I
>
> It has "Class" in its name. Can it not be subclassed?

*hysterical laughter*

*rolls up into a ball and rocks back and forth gibbering gently*

BTDT. Lost more SAN points that way than I did understanding NEXT.pm.

Feel free to try. I'll buy you a pint of bleach to take the pain away afterwards.

(more seriously, DBIx::Class was started because I chatted to Tony and we
agreed that it was going to be less painful to start from scratch. The
original DBIx::Class announce e-mail was titled "taking the easy way out"
because compared to trying to make Class::DBI sanely extensible, starting a
new project was - I don't envy Tony his maint bit and I'm hugely impressed
he's managed to get as far with the existing codebase as he has)