Music To Code To (was "Most In Need of Positivity" Award)

Andy Wardley abw at wardley.org
Sun Aug 13 18:24:35 BST 2006

Paul Makepeace wrote:
> I'm unix-savvy and I certainly would appreciate anyone saving me from
> ****ing around with CPAN.

Absolutely.  They offer pre-built packages for Linux (RPM), Mac and
Windows so you don't have to do any of that.

This was the "Perl Source Code", something separate.  When I first
looked at it, I thought it was aimed specifically at Perl hackers.
Now that's Dan's explained the reasoning, I understand that it's
more of a generic Unix for those systems that don't do RPMs.  So
yeah, it makes sense to make life easy for them given that many won't
be familiar with CPAN.

And as I said in my previous post, it was a minor thing - a point of
curiosity rather than a real complaint.  No offence intended, none taken
I hope.

It's still a big SlimServer++ in my books :-)