Perl Vacancy

James Mastros james at mastros.biz
Tue Aug 15 02:29:33 BST 2006

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 01:52:25AM +0100, Luis Motta Campos wrote:
>   Amazing how its easy to make quids... just browse the internet and do
> a few phone-calls. Locate someone that claims to be a perl programmer
> and that's all... :-( so sad.

Well, it's not quite that simple.  You only get the money if they get
hired.  So there's two ways to play it [1]: You can find as many
people as possible, throw them at the wall, and see if any sticks...
or you can find just the right person, and hope they don't get lost on
the pile.  Which you can take depends on how much of a downside there
is for you in giving them CVs that get thrown out.  I'm betting not
much, from the behavior I see attributed to, and from, recruiters.

[1] Yes, I am exagerating for effect.  Not very effective, if you're
reading my footnotes