Bug in URI ?!

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 10:56:30 BST 2006

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 04:10:39AM +0100, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> IME it seems to span about every CGI language, python, perl, php, C++,
> and perl. (I've yet to see a Java implementation not to do but I'm
> sure someone can step up to the plate here.)

Just for kicks I sent a ;-separated query string to one of my Catalyst
apps, and it just DTRT.

Something, somewhere must be dealing with the ;/& issue, although I
can't be bothered looking.

> Getting ; to pervasively work seems harder work, and less likely, than
> getting Microsoft to implement CSS.

I guess if you're writing quesry strings for your own environment, you
know if the language/framework/modules can deal with ; or not, and it's
largely irrelevant what problems other languages/sites/implementations
have.

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

This is not an automated signature. I type this in to the bottom of every
message.