Perl Vacancy

alex@owal.co.uk alex at owal.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 12:11:57 BST 2006

Nick Clarke wrote:
> I think the things that bother me about the (current) commercial jobsites
> are that
>
> 1: Almost all the adverts are placed by agencies. I'd really prefer not to
>    have to deal with agents - I don't see what the middle man brings to
>    the party. It also conceals what the company is - one has to contact
> the
>    agent to find out more, rather than being able to filter

I believe that freelancers.net (and noagencies.net) works in roughly the
way you want but with the following drawbacks:

1) The companies posting there usually have no idea what they want
2) They also want to pay peanuts
3) They are much more geared towards html/flash/graphics rather than
programming.

Everytime I see perl mentioned there it is typically fixing a "Matt's
Script Archive" sort of role.

Alex