Hi (A boring 'about me'/'first post' message)

Phil Pennock phil.pennock at globnix.org
Wed Aug 23 11:14:19 BST 2006

On 2006-08-23 at 10:59 +0100, Kaoru wrote:
> And gmail says...
>
> Eek :/ Sorry, I have no idea why that's happened.

GMail; "settings" link at the top.  Near the bottom of the page is:

 Outgoing message encoding:
  O  Use default text encoding for outgoing messages
  *  Use Unicode (UTF-8) encoding for outgoing messages

Check the "UTF-8" option and "Save Changes".

I've no idea what mail-client support for UTF-8 is like in the
mail-clients used by 95% of the Internet's users, but I'm assuming that
there's a good reason for the default to be geared towards communicating
with local non-UTF-8 clients.  After all, there are so few options that
the fact that non-UTF-8 is even available says something.
--
VISTA: Viruses, Infections, Spyware, Trojans & Adware