OT: digital picture frames

Minty mintywalker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 17:44:02 BST 2006

I'm hoping someone might have a recommendation, 'cause both I and the
good friend google are failing to find anything.

I saw a Phillips digital picture frame [1] recently, and I was mighty
impressed with the quality of the image, that it didn't look out of
place on a mantle piece and the fact most people probably wouldn't
have noticed it wasn't just a regular old picture frame.  All of which
appear to be a novel aspect to digital picture frames from what I can
see.

But, it's a bit small, and you have to slot in a memory card.

I'd like something that is wireless, could pick up rss feeds from the
likes of flickr or other sources, or could just get pictures uploaded
over the air without requiring something crazy like a built in modem
that dials the manufacture and requires yet another account
somewhere....

Anyone found anything that might fit the bill?  Something that will
fit into a non-techies home without looking scary too.

[1] http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/20/philips-7ff1aw-digital-photo-display-review/