Way off topic: DVD drives

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Sun Sep 10 13:45:03 BST 2006

Does anyone know whether there are any DVD drives where region coding
can be circumvented and if so which ones? The one in my PowerBook
apparently stays permanently locked to one region after four or five
changes.

Slightly related: the only time in my adult life I've come close to
inflicting physical violence on anyone was when I got into
conversation with a guy who worked for a DRM company. I was about
that >< far from decking him - which would have been quite a
conversation stopper on a crowded train I think. Unfortunately sense
prevailed.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net