Cumbria.pm anyone?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Sep 11 21:35:57 BST 2006

On 8 Sep 2006, at 13:32, Robert Shiels wrote:
[...]
> You can't just stop there, and leave us hanging. What's the secret
> to this masterpiece - what bread do you recommend? What kind of
> mushrooms? Olive Oil or lard?

Butter cut with olive oil. The butter's there for flavour and the
olive oil is there to raise the cooking temperature. If you make it a
bacon, egg and mushroom butty, you can skip the olive oil because
you'll get the lard that's come out of the bacon.

Don't use too much oil though: you're not deep-frying the stuff, and
the mushrooms will soak up what's there, so the more you put in, the
more you'll be eating.

I don't really see the point in sunflower oil - all the calories of
butter but fuck all taste.

I also don't see the point in various spreads. It's all hydrogenated
vegetable oil dyed yellow, so it's saturated fat anyway. Just because
they put two drops of olive oil into a 2kg tub doesn't magically make
it healthy. (I exaggerate slightly, but go and look at the
percentages in the ingredients list of the various "healthy" spreads
and draw your own conclusions.)