Non Sucking YAML parser

Dominic Mitchell dom at happygiraffe.net
Wed Sep 13 12:21:20 BST 2006

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 11:28:29AM +0100, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> I suspect he has the same problems with xml as many of us:
>
> * the signal to noise ratio of xml is way too low.
> * the perl xml toolsets tend to be very large and not that quick.

I've found XML::LibXML to be fast enough for all our needs, and we
get through some fairly big xml files.  It's not the smallest module on
CPAN, but it's not that large either.

> * the perl xml toolsets are not completely reliable.

I think that the conclusion so far in this thread is that the JSON and
YAML libraries are at least as unreliable.  :-)

> * and then there are the interfaces....

Yep, XML APIs suck.  They have to though, as they're trying to be
completely general.

-Dom