Cumbria.pm anyone?

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Wed Sep 13 18:54:41 BST 2006

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 03:50:18PM -0700, John Costello wrote:
>
> > You may as well use walnut or sesame oil and get some flavor, or just use
> > olive oil.
>
> According to someone here (or was it on london.food? I disremember) it
> loses all its flavour when it gets hot.  Don't care, I still use sesame
> oil, cos it means I can use just one oil for everything so its one less
> thing to remember to buy.

I've read that too, and would keep most of the oils at medium or low,
except sesame oil.  I stir fry with sesame oil over hot temperatures and
still get a good amount of flavor.

> Of course, breakfast should be fried in LARD.  Your heart
needs some resistance to work against, otherwise it will get weak and
flabby.

May I quote that?

John (wondering when his london.food sub will kick--*wistful look in
Simon's general direction*)