Off Topic : internet connection, ISP

dams dams at gentoo.org
Wed Sep 13 22:44:02 BST 2006

Hi,

One of the first thing I'll need in London is an internet connection. What ISP do you have ? I'd like some kind of XDSL connection, let's say 2MBits download minimum, and a fixed IP. And no fuzzy usb modems, something that can work 24/7. Oh and I would like to avoid ISPs with quotas, or similar evil things. How long does it take to get connected ? I would like to confirm my geekness level by being connected before buying a bed :) I don't know nothing about ISPs in London, so feel free to consider me as a newbie.

dams