Off Topic : internet connection, ISP

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Thu Sep 14 09:53:04 BST 2006

Quoting Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk>:

> On 13 Sep 2006, at 23:26, Kaoru wrote:
>> I highly recommend Demon (http://www.demon.net) for the "good tech
>> support / don't try to give you a crappy modem / static IP" route,
>> although I haven't used them in a while because their prices are a
>> little higher than most and I'm a poor student.
>
> They were always pretty awful when I was using them. The only reason
> people chose them is that it was Hobson's Choice. Then Freeserve
> started up and Demon bled customers.

I've been with Demon ever since I've had home internet connection
(which must be eleven or twelve years). I wasn't part of the original
"tenner a month" club, but I can't have missed it by much. And I _did_
pay a tenner a month (plus VAT) for a long time. I've been with them
through dial-up, ISDN and now ADSL (which they've recently upgraded to
a supposed 8Mb).

In all that time I've had about three strange outages and none of them
have lasted more than 24 hours. I'm not saying that I don't believe
these people who complain about Demon's service, I'm just adding a
datapoint as a happy customer for some considerable length of time.

I suspect I should probably shop around more tho' :-)

Dave...

--
site: http://dave.org.uk/
blog: http://blog.dave.org.uk/