Off Topic : internet connection, ISP

Denny london.pm at metamathics.org
Thu Sep 14 10:37:54 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 23:01 +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> AAISP are also quite Clued
> and their bandwidth is of excellent quality, but have priced
> themselves out of the domestic market.
>
> BTW, IKEA can almost certainly deliver a bed before BT pull their
> finger out of their arse and make the phone service and ADSL work.

I signed up with AAISP at my new place a few months ago.  BT took about
about 24 hours to transfer an existing line into my name, and AAISP took
about 2 days after that to bully BT into activating ADSL on the line, by
which time my pre-configured free router had been delivered.  I plugged
it in and everything Just Worked.

So far I've been very impressed with them...  I didn't think the pricing
was that bad, for the level of clue and service.  Also, for not having
to listen to 'which version of Windows are you running?' if I ever need
to contact them for support.