6502 versus Z80

Pete Sergeant pete at clueball.com
Tue Sep 19 10:37:46 BST 2006

While we're on the subject of BBCs and so on...

I seem to remember (I was about 8 at the time tho, so...) that the large
programme listings that used to come in BBC Micro magazine always had
checksums you could enter to check your listings were correct. I also
have a vague memory of being shown, once, a programme that would turn
these checksums in to code.

Being older and wiser, this seems pretty damn unlikely :-) Anyone ever
see such a thing? Maybe it was an April fool's joke that I misunderstood
on account of having a single-digit age or similar :-)

+Pete