6502 versus Z80

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Wed Sep 20 00:24:47 BST 2006

On 9/19/06, Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> wrote:
> On 19 Sep 2006, at 19:52, Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> > The Dragon 32 was a spiffy computer - especially if you have the disk
> > drive thingy, I wrote a small file manager thing for it but I doubt I
> > still have the code.
>
> I wish I still had the source for my macro cross assembler thing for
> the Beeb. I'm sure it would seem pretty naive now - but I'd still be
> interested to see /just/ how bad it is :)

On the other hand you might discover you could actually program. I
recently dug out my Jupiter Ace (like ZX81 but in Forth) and a Sharp
MZ-80K and looked at old programs I'd written. The scary thing was
they were pretty good, some neat stuff in there (I was about 13 at the
time). A stark contrast to the dull shite I produce these days.

P, rubs aging head