Non Sucking YAML parser

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sat Sep 23 08:29:44 BST 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 02:59:25PM +0000, Robin Berjon wrote:
> On Sep 19, 2006, at 13:49, David Cantrell wrote:
> >>Have you bothered reading my previous email on the topic?
> >Yes.  Either you didn't explain yourself very well or I didn't
> >understand.
> Any specifics? From what you just said above, you seem to be making
> the argument that at the cost of massive amounts of extra verbosity,
> you can do away with namespaces.

Huh?  How is this:

<person>
  <title>Mr</title>
  <surname>Cantrell</surname>
  <givenname>David</givenname>
</person>
etc

massively more verbose than using namespaces?  In fact, it *is*
namespaces - at least in the generic sense even if it lacks the
punctuation to satisfy XML - just without the extra syntax. That means
that it's easier to write the software to parse the file correctly,
and easier to edit the file by hand too.  Sounds like a win all round.

  For every vengeance, there is an equal and opposite revengeance.
                                            -- Cartoon Law X