Recent C++/SWIG stories

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Wed Sep 27 13:33:48 BST 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 02:23:13PM +0100, Simon Wistow wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 09:31:50AM +0100, Nigel Rantor said:
> >
> > Anyone tried wrapping clean, recent C++ code in Perl using SWIG?
>
> No, but I've written XS by bhand for C++.
>
> It was pretty easy.

Can you apply C++'s function overloading to deal with varying arguments from
Perl?
eg:
int foo::bar(int val) {
    RETVAL = val + 13;
}
int foo::bar(string word) {
    RETVAL = word.append("13");
}

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world