[OT] Best Flash/QT streaming provider

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Thu Sep 28 10:42:10 BST 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 08:52:39PM +0100, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Toby Corkindale wrote:
>
> > PS. A flash-advocate friend of mine claims that Flash 9 will be released
> > "soon", simultaneously for Linux and Windows and OSX. Whether this remains
> > true, we shall see..
>
> Flash 9 was out a while ago. The Google Analytics stats for the
> aforementioned www.monday9am.tv site show almost 22.5% flash 9 usage.
> Flash 8 has 56% but I have no data on the split by OS.

Hmm, I don't /think/ that's it then. I see that the current Flash 9 was
originally going to be v8.5, so perhaps the version Robin was talking about as
the upcoming v9 is now going to be v9.5 or v10?

I'll chase the flash-advocate down and find out.

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world