I want a new super-power

Nik Clayton nik at ngo.org.uk
Tue Oct 3 16:44:48 BST 2006

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
> Does someone have an advice regarding this kind of item, either one on
> my list or another one I've not found yet? I need it to work with Windows
> (easy) and Linux (how hard can that be?).

Mobile phone + bluetooth + software.

For example, my Sony Ericsson k750i has a Bluetooth remote control
function, and coupled with something like

     http://stefans.datenbruch.de/k750i/remote.shtml

can be used to control presentations and the like on Linux.

I've just noticed that the grand daddy of these apps, Salling Clicker,
now has a Windows port.

     http://www.salling.com/Clicker/windows/

which supports umpteen different bluetooth devices as controllers (not
just phones) and is well worth investigating if it's half as good as the
Mac version.