Opinions: API wrapping, how close to original API should you stay?

Robin Berjon robin.berjon at expway.fr
Wed Oct 4 22:43:52 BST 2006

On Oct 04, 2006, at 21:40, Nik Clayton wrote:
> Assuming you were writing to this API, would you prefer to use:
>
>    $ml->get_optimistic_lock()
>
>    $ml->get_OptimisticLock()
>
>    $ml->getOptimisticLock()
>
> to retrieve the value, or something else?

The last. I assume that if you're asking this question, you're not
going for your own preferences, and you don't know what the user's
preferences are. I'm also assuming that she'll know at least a little
from a distance about the original XML. Using something as close as
possible to that is probably the most helpful, and easiest to remember.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist