[ANNOUNCE] [REMINDER] Social TONIGHT - The Star, Belgravia

Tony Kennick 0995a06aaeaf6b70e79c3aafd6719329 at half.pint.org.uk
Thu Oct 5 12:47:08 BST 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 11:26:27AM +0100,
the following was promulgated by Peter Corlett:

> On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 10:14:42AM +0100, Simon Wistow wrote:
> [...]
> > [0] Except me. I'm stuck in Yorkshire. Which makes the last two or three
> > socials I've missed due to being-elsewhere-itis I think. BAD leader! No
> > cookie! <sad smiley face>
>
> Where in Yorkshire? There's some cracking drinking holes up there.
>
> If Sheffield, everywhere in the GBG except the Wetherspoons.

There aren't any Sheffield Wetherspoons pubs in the GBG any more[1] plus there are
are other places to go dependent on genre.

> If Leeds, try the Duck and Drake or the Grove next to Energis HQ.
>
> If Bradford, run, don't walk, to the Fighting Cock (and then Karachi
> afterwards for a curry).
>
> York, the Blue Bell, passing by the one next to the station whose name I
> forget.

The Maltings on the station side of the Station Road bridge is good if
somewhat smokey.

[1] at least the ones in the city centre are all out, not sure about the
one in the back of beyond, it isn't on my patch.

--
        Tony Kennick
        Web: http://www.pint.org.uk/