Gentlemen, a call to arms!

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Thu Oct 12 16:29:20 BST 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 12:32:06PM +0100, Dominic Mitchell wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 08:59:57PM +0100, Danny Staple wrote:
> > How much bias is gained by the fact that Zend is their only sponsor?
> >
> > I was amazed at how shocked a java guy was when I showed him that yes,
> > you can multithread with Perl. He had used it as a key reason not to use
> > Perl for a project.
>
> Funny, I usually see threading as a key reason for avoiding projects.

In the right instances, threading can create more elegant solutions than
without. (Especially compared to unthreaded projects where someone has
reinvented the wheel and is trying to implement something similar using fork
and shared memory and semaphores..)

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world