Gentlemen, a call to arms!

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Thu Oct 12 16:44:36 BST 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 04:29:20PM +0100, Toby Corkindale said:
> In the right instances, threading can create more elegant solutions than
> without. (Especially compared to unthreaded projects where someone has
> reinvented the wheel and is trying to implement something similar using fork
> and shared memory and semaphores..)

I'm currently using threading in a Java project to do asynchronous
message handling. It's lovely, even if I'm remembering how
painfully verbose Java is, even with the help of an IDE.

I have no real point except that, I'm enjoying being able to use threads
without feeling that I'm losing portability.