Gentlemen, a call to arms!

ben@bpfh.net ben at bpfh.net
Sat Oct 14 13:40:43 BST 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 02:25:37PM -0400, jesse wrote:

>Anybody gotten a nice toolkit for doing Comet-ish stuff up and going?

Yes, thanks. Is it Open Source? No, sadly, not, and as it's work stuff I don't really
feel I can produce an out-of-hours skunkworks version with a clear conscience.

Getting it to play nicely with proxies and other application-layer devices which make
up a modern HTTP infrastructure is harder than it looks - some of the commerical
products do it better than others but a decent OSS solution which would be useful
to the enterprise would need to be very well tested across a wide range of devices
it would encounter in the wild - just testing against squid is *not* good enough.

Ben