Gentlemen, a call to arms!

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Mon Oct 16 17:46:20 BST 2006

> Another part of the problem is that one man's cool stuff is another's
> workaday yawn.  Rails and Catalyst are about as interesting to me as
> watching paint dry.

So what is exciting to you?  (Or maybe you like watching paint dry?  You
didn't specify.)

I'm excited about Catalyst because a lot of people are writing web
applications these days.  You may have heard of applications like
"Google", "delicious", "YouTube", etc., most of which are web-based.
Web applications are where the world is heading, regardless of whether
or not that excites you :)

But anyway, if these people choose perl as their web application
platform of choice, it means that there are going to be a lot of
contributions back to the perl community.  More perl mongers == more
fun!  That's why Catalyst excites me.

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,