Gentlemen, a call to arms!

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Mon Oct 16 19:31:23 BST 2006

> These are all very well but when they break[1] you're stuffed.

Yup.  The advantage of Catalyst is that you can get rid of the CRUD
framework and write things properly.  With other "frameworks", you're
stuck with what they give you, and you end up bending your app around
the framework.  Catalyst stays out of the way and lets you handle things
(like a ... catalyst).  That's not quite as "fun" as watching rails or
jifty make your forms for you, but it's what most people need in the end.

Catalyst is a great platform for building other frameworks; that's why
we have Enzyme, InstantCRUD, Reaction, etc.  (I am even brewing up a new
framework in the back of my mind, but I'm waiting to see how the others
pan out before I actually write it.)

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,