Gentlemen, a call to arms!

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at
Tue Oct 17 08:53:36 BST 2006

On 16/10/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at> wrote:
> Simon Cozens wrote:
> > Dave Hodgkinson:
> >> You might also find that Cat itself, the documentation and the sample
> >> applets
> >> have all moved along in the intervening hours^Wweeks.
> >
> > The good side of that is that you can try something today and if it doesn't
> > work, try it again next week and it probably will. :)
> As opposed to Maypole, where you can try something today and if it *does*
> work, try it again on the next point release and it probably won't.

I don't believe that to be the case, only having 1 backward
compatibility problem report for a 3rd party extension in a big step
release like 2.11 makes me pretty happy, particularly when compared to
the ammount of stuff that broke under more adventurous maintainers who
forked the project or left in a strop after people complained about
them changing and breaking so much.