Gentlemen, a call to arms!

Neil de Carteret n3dst4 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 10:30:49 BST 2006

On 17/10/06, Nicholas Clark <nick at ccl4.org> wrote:

> But the impression I get is that many websites are merrily pointing out
> bad
> perl. How come I'm now aware of websites merrily pointing out bad
> {python,ruby,php,javascript} ?
>
> Because I'm a Perl programmer and hence biased not to notice it?

(Assuming you meant "not aware")
I'm sure I've seen more examples of ranting about bad PHP (and the
limitations of PHP in general) than about bad Perl.  And the reason you see
less ranting about bad Python and Ruby is that there's just less of those
languages being written.  They are on fewer people's radars.

Neil

PS Sorry, haven't posted since the last social.  Hello again.