Databasen - Revisited

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Oct 18 16:32:05 BST 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 04:08:48PM +0100, Nigel Rantor wrote:
[...]
> What is your favourite question to guage someone's level of expertise in
> the database field generally, without reference to any specific DB.

The best sort are the open-ended ones, especially those that can show some
passion in the subject. So I'd ask "What is your favourite database, and
why?"

Answers involving entertaining war stories that make the Daily WTF pale are
good, unless of course the interviewee was the *cause* of said war stories.