Databasen - Revisited

Matt Sergeant msergeant at messagelabs.com
Wed Oct 18 19:25:08 BST 2006

On 18-Oct-06, at 1:09 PM, Tony Kennick wrote:

> Bonus points for them asking what on earth that table was for given
> that
> I am struggling to think of something you can do with it you can't
> do in
> SQL.

It was a dumb example to try and come up with a small table that fits
in a page. Another one I've seen a lot is [(1, "Yes"), (2, "No")].

These sorts of small tables are often necessary in systems that are
entirely DB driven (you draw a form and tell it which query to
execute to get the values in a drop-down list), and yes they are as
annoying as they seem :-)