Databasen - Revisited

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 19 09:45:11 BST 2006

Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> (* Should that be "pounds" instead?  I apologize for being an ignorant
> American :/)

Dollars is good - and 45KP/annum is pretty average.

I wholeheartedly agree with your point.

Having recently been involved in cleansing some data from a FoxPro
to Pg8.1.4 migration a number of design issues have come up
including how much time to spend cleansing data - it all comes down
to cost benefit in the end.

Also I hate "clever hacks". Although I can configure linux systems
quite well I prefer to ensure that a client could use webmin or some
other simple interface.

Recently I had to mess with a firewall someone had set up - they
had bypassed /etc/sysconfig and manually added rc files to 'hack'
the network config as this is 'faster/better/cooler'
Result: ifdown ethN or ifup ethN wrecked the firewall...

Currently "Cool === fuckwit" in my book. :-(

Jacqui