Databasen - Revisited

Peter Corlett abuse at
Thu Oct 19 12:15:07 BST 2006

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 11:39:59AM +0100, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
> On 19 Oct 2006, at 11:12, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> MySQL is a tainted brand, plain and simple.
> As is perl to much of the outside world.

I would tend to agree with much of the outside world, I'm afraid.

On average, Perl programs are a bag of shite (compare with badly-designed
databases) and the Perl interpreter has some quite annoying deficiencies
(compare with dumb misfeatures in SQL engines).

The bell curve is just a different shape for Perl than it is for other