Tonights Microformats talks

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Oct 19 16:52:56 BST 2006

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 03:41:12PM +0000, Simon Cozens wrote:
[...]
> Excellent - lots of people together talking about microformats.
> Smithers, order the ICBM.

I like the way that it was announced as if we all already know what
microformats are, and that neither the linked-to page, or the microformats
homepage actually bother either. One has to turn to Wikipedia for an actual
answer.

Anyway, it turns out that it's basically some proposed standards which are
set of class elements to stick on HTML tags so that they may be crawled more
easily. But with added Web 2.0 hype.