What a shame...

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Mon Oct 23 16:44:24 BST 2006

Peter Corlett wrote:

> Well, choosing between Real and Microsoft was always a choice between the
> frying pan and the fire. Real's codecs were always a [buffering] bag of
> [buffering] shite that sounded like a LW radio sinking to the bottom of a
> pond, assuming you could actually get it to work as opposed to be just a
> CPU-hogging advert for Real's other weak offerings.
>
> Microsoft's offerings do at least play content and don't make you suspect
> your system has just been own3d by merely installing the player. (Gosh, I
> never though I'd speak up for a Microsoft product.)

Well, given that a large part of their emailbag was "why (oh why) the
hell do I have to install Real Player?" and "Real Player is demanding
that I pay for it and this is the BBC and I've paid for the content and
and and" I can see that moving the WMP will be of benefit to the email
monkeys if no-one else.

Ian