What shame? [Was: What a shame...]

Pedro Figueiredo me at pedrofigueiredo.org
Mon Oct 23 23:00:07 BST 2006

On 23 Oct 2006, at 22:32, ben at bpfh.net wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 07:04:43PM +0100, Pedro Figueiredo wrote:
>>
>> On 23 Oct 2006, at 16:22, Luis Motta Campos wrote:
>>
>>> eventually they will need to
>>> rewrite everything to become (more) compatible with the Real World
>>> again
>>
>> i believe they just did. 94% of the real world (tm) runs windows.
>
> Which is an entirely unjustifiable point of view for a corporation
> funded
> largely by (an effectively) mandatory levy to take.
>
> Ben

i don't argue with that, i argue against the belief that the real
world (tm) is composed of hackers running unix.

furthermore, from a business point of view, windows media is the
cheapest to serve (quality/bandwidth), so i'm happy they're not
squandering my license money on crack-fueled hippy-approved half-
baked solutions. especially when everyone can view windows media.

cheers,
--
http://pedrofigueiredo.org/
bgp is for those who can't keep it static long enough