London housing recommendations

IvorW combobulus at xemaps.com
Tue Oct 24 11:29:36 BST 2006

Ah, Stockley Park. I've not actually worked there, but have worked quite close to it.

Question: Do you have a car/do you drive? If this is so, you could probably pick up something quite nice just a bit further out for a more reasonable price than $London_prices. Being dependent on public transport can be a pain if you are out of town, but I would recommend getting a car or bike if you are going to be commuting to Stockley Park, provided you are living outside the congestion charge zone, or indeed the proposed extended congestion charge zone.

The other point to bear in mind is low flying aircraft. If these bother you, you probably want to live somewhere further from the Heathrow flight path.

I know West London quite well, and can probably advise about various parts, if you want to chat off list. I live in Acton by the way.

Ivor.
aka rinceWind on Perlmonks