WinCE phones (was Re: What shame? [Was: What a shame...])

Toby Corkindale tjc at
Tue Oct 24 18:50:40 BST 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 05:22:03PM +0100, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> On 24 Oct 2006, at 16:13, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> >My experiences with Windows CE (2003SE to be precise) haven't been
> >great.. I
> >don't know how well PalmOS ported to the mobile environment, but if
> >it works,
> >you might want to stick with it.
> Arguably Palm OS didn't need porting to the mobile environment :)

THe term "mobile" was a poor choice for me to use. By it, I meant the
environment that contains GSM voice & text communication integration. (As
opposed to just "portable device".)

Unless i'm missing the point?

Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world
(gpg --keyserver --recv-key B1CCF88E)