London housing recommendations

ti@lemonia.org ti at lemonia.org
Wed Oct 25 11:56:43 BST 2006

Dave Cantrell wrote:
> [housing agents] all suck.  Every single one of them.
> I'd just get up early (ugh)
> and buy a copy of Loot and start phoning around the private landlords.

Not hunted for a while, but when I last looked,

1. Almost everything in Loot was in bold (ie. an agent anyway).
   No way to avoid agents. Vast majority of agents suck.

2. There is/was some scam involving agencies which will charge you
   a fee *before* they show you any property. This is normally illegal;
   they were claiming to be inhabiting some grey area.
   Paying them money would seem inadvisable.