London housing recommendations

Edmund von der Burg evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 18:14:32 GMT 2006

On 23/10/06, Ovid <publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think I'd prefer to live in London proper, despite the commute times.
>  Can anyone recommend decent areas to live or suggest what reasonable
> housing prices are there?

Reasonable is a relative term in London. I'd suggest getting a bike
and having a poke around near where your work is. If you can find
somewhere nice within 20mins then that is what I'd go for. Then again
I have a passionate and debilitating rage whenever I commute.

Don't believe any generalisation about areas in London until you've
been there yourself. A slum can be only a street or two away from a
little paradise. I used to live in Balham and found it safe, quiet and
peaceful. Other would describe it as the drug infested armpit of
Clapham. That said the flat upstairs did get raided by the police
about once a month. It's all relative I suppose.

> Heck, if you can just recommend a good housing agent, that would be
> great, too.

<plug>
  http://www.nestoria.co.uk/coord_51.551032,-0.197067,51.379924,-0.503998/property/let
</plug>