London housing recommendations

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Tue Oct 31 10:41:51 GMT 2006

Quoting Edmund von der Burg <evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk>:

> On 30/10/06, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:
>> How long ago was that? Balham's dead posh now. We've got a Waitrose and
>> everything :)
>
> 1998 or so.

That makes sense. That was the year I moved here - and things have
changed massively since then.

> Unless your waitrose is 24 hrs then my old little tacky Somerfield at
> the petrol station tops it :)

Oh, I'm not saying that the Waitrose is actually any good. I've never
been in it - we get all our groceries off the internet. I was just
mentioning it as an indicator of how posh the area now is. Actually,
until earlier this year that Waitrose was a Somerfield.

> And of course the best thing about Balham was that it was near Tooting
> and all the rocking Indian takeouts. Has anyone else noticed a direct
> link between how knackered the plastic chairs are in the waithing bit
> to how good the food is?

I lived in Tooting for about ten years before I moved to Balham - so
I'm with you 100% on the quality of Indian food there.

Dave...

--
site: http://dave.org.uk/
blog: http://blog.dave.org.uk/