warning - avoid HBNOnline for booking hotels

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 12:49:11 GMT 2006

On 31/10/06, Simon Wilcox <essuu at ourshack.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Aaron Trevena wrote:
>
> > But finally, cancellations and booking get lost despite you receiving
> > confirmation - leaving you with a bill for a room you cancelled months
> > ago and having to chase hoteliers to get your money back.
>
> If you booked it using a credit card contact the card issuer. They should
> refund the money and recharge it to the hotelier.

Yup - we will but first we'll try and get the hotelier and booking
agent to sort it out.

I suspect however that we'll be calling Visa shortly, given  Comfort
Inn, Earls Court (avoid it by the way - it has pretty poor reviews and
their customer service people don't return calls and are hard to get
hold of), and HBN Online (no telephone number, only email and fax,
also fairly unresponsive) are both pretty awful to deal with.

Cheers,

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk