Comfort Inn bad, HBNOnline not so bad was (Re: warning - avoid HBNOnline for booking hotels)

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at
Tue Oct 31 14:24:39 GMT 2006

On 31/10/06, Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at> wrote:
> I know there are plenty of people here who book their hotels in the UK
> online, particularly those travelling from abroad to london so here is
> a quick note of warning.
> Avoid HBNOnline when booking hotels online.
> Not only does it require IE and not work in Firefox, Safari, etc
> Not only does it frequently hang and crash when booking or cancelling.
> But finally, cancellations and booking get lost despite you receiving
> confirmation - leaving you with a bill for a room you cancelled months
> ago and having to chase hoteliers to get your money back.

I take back that last paragraph.

Their website may be slow and unreliable and not work in Firefox, but
they do respond to emails within a few hours and keep a paper trail of
bookings and cancellations and even contacted the hotel to point out
that we had indeed cancelled.

I still have to chase the hoteliers, but that isn't their fault.

Speaking of which - I'll repeat my warning to avoid comfort inn, earls
court - they still haven't called back, despite promising they would
*and* being contacted by HBN.